First Presbyterian Church Pre-Kindergarten Program
Selecting a pre-kindergarten program is an important decision in the lives of our parents and their children. We, at First Presbyterian Preschool, know that early childhood education is vital to your child’s development. Our pre-kindergarten program strives to prepare all children for kindergarten and their elementary years. We offer a loving, nurturing environment and developmentally appropriate academic instruction that are important priorities to your child’s development.
Whitney Weiner, Director of Mother's Day Out
- Degreed and certified teacher (classroom experience at pre-kindergarten and second grade levels)
- Full-time pre-kindergarten assistant in class
- Low student/teacher ratio allowing for small group instruction
- Observations, work samples and assessments demonstrating child’s progress
- Portfolios which are a collection of your child’s work and creativity
- Christian teaching and environment, both in “formal” Chapel time and in everyday classroom activities
- Regular communication between teachers and parents, keeping you as parents informed of your child’s day and progress
- Parent Teacher Conferences
- Promethean Board-Interactive technology found in most of your premier elementary schools
Our pre-kindergarten curriculum is a modified version of the Pre-Kindergarten Curriculum from the Louisiana State Department of Education. It is organized into thematic units that use developmentally-appropriate activities to spark interest and encourage children to expand on their abilities and skills. Each unit addresses academic areas of reading, math, science, cognition, language and social skills. Lessons and activities are hands-on, stimulating and encourage your child’s intellectual, social and physical growth in a creative and fun atmosphere. Since children naturally learn through play, our curriculum allows an enriched play experience that fosters a love of learning.
As I parent, I feel privileged that both of my children have been part of the Pre-K Program at First Presbyterian Church. My children had all the loving support of the staff paired with high goals of learning and plenty of fun. It was a joy to pick them up, hear about the day's discoveries and know they were learning in a creative and supportive environment. Their teachers gave them confidence, knowledge, and lots of hugs. Both of my children left First Pres ready to succeed in kindergarten.
We have had all four of our children attend the preschool program at First Presbyterian Church. Our children had the privilege of experiencing loving and nurturing teachers who implemented a wonderful, age-appropriate and challenging curriculum. It was very evident that the teachers and staff at First Pres. took a vested interest in each one of our children. As a parent, I can confidently say that our children have been completely prepared to enter kindergarten. We feel blessed to have been part of Pre-K at First Presbyterian.
We would love for you to come and visit our pre-kindergarten program. For additional information or to schedule a time to visit our pre-kindergarten classroom, please contact Whitney Weiner at 225.620.0245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.