At First Presbyterian Church, we believe the words of John 3:16, “God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son.” In the nursery ministry, we have made it our mission to put this verse into action, so that every family and every child would know that they are “So Loved” by Jesus...and His people.
The vision that children are “So Loved” by Jesus offers a new orientation for how we do Sunday morning nurseries. We understand our work to be ministry and not simply babysitting. To that end, we want to do whatever it takes for children and families to walk away knowing they are “So Loved.”
We want you to feel completely comfortable that your children will be loved and cared for on Sunday morning. To this end, the following are helpful details about our Sunday morning nursery ministry:
1) Finding Us: The “So Loved” hallway is located on the first floor of the Education building next to the eighth street entrance.
2) Checking In and Dropping Off: Upon arrival, one of our volunteers will assist you with checking in your child. We have an electronic check-in system called "kid-check" that allows parents to enter all of their child's information online from their own homes. Simply go to www.kidcheck.com and create a free account. You can take your time and input special requests and allergy information, along with contact and guardian information ahead of time, so your Sunday morning check-in will only take seconds. Our staff is happy to accommodate special requests that will make your child more comfortable while he/she is in our care. Please be sure to bring your cell phone and keep it on "vibrate" during the morning. If we need to contact you while your child is with us, our system will send you a text message.
3) Drop-off: As you drop your child off, feel free to look around and ask any necessary questions. For safety and security purposes, we ask parents to refrain from walking into our classrooms during drop off and pick up. Our trained, professional "Room Moms" will take your child over the door and answer any questions you may have.
4) During Services: Toddlers will be fed a light snack. Typically we offer crackers or goldfish. Please indicate upon check-in any specific allergies. It is helpful to bring a drink for your infant or toddler. We are glad to warm bottles for infants. We strive to have low adult to child ratios. We aim for 3 children to each adult.
2's and 3's will be fed a light peanut-free snack with cool water. Please indicate upon check-in any specific allergies. The 2's and 3's will also have a short Bible story and music time each hour they are with us.
5) Pick Up: Please bring the parent tag back with you upon check-out. You will need this to retrieve your child. We have randomly generated numbers on your parent label that will match the label of your child. Only someone with the matching label can pick up a child.
Preschool Sunday At a Glance
4-years - Kindergarten
Our preschoolers will attend services with their families to experience worship with the Body of Christ. During the service, they will be dismissed to the preschool classrooms for a short "kids sermon," and some much appreciated playtime and snack!
10:05am - Sunday School
The Preschool years are all about discovery. During this time children are learning about their world through hands-on experiences. We want them to discover the wonder of our awesome God through the following concepts:
THE BIG GOD STORY - God is BIG. He is in control and has a plan for each of us.
RELATIONSHIP - God is love. He loves us no matter what and wants to be our best friend.
TRUTH - God shows us who He is through his special book, the Bible.
4K Preschool children should be picked up from their classrooms between 11:00 and 11:15.
At 10:05am, our Kindergarten students are walked to the elementary Sunday School, Kingdom Kids, on the basement floor of the sanctuary building. Please see our “elementary” page to learn more about that program. You can pick up your Kindergartener at 11:00 - 11:15 in the first classroom in the Kingdom Kids hallway.
Our pre-k and kindergarten students will attend services with their families to experience worship with the Body of Christ. During the service, they will be dismissed to the preschool classrooms for a short "kids sermon," then and much appreciated playtime!
Our children and families are SO LOVED!
If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to contact our “So Loved” coach, Audra Cato (email@example.com).
Meet our Room Mothers by clicking here.
For more specific information, please see the links below.
We pray that after spending time around our nursery, you and your children will know you are “So Loved.
For questions about our preschool programming or to volunteer in our nursery or preschool classrooms, please contact Chery (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Audra (email@example.com.)
So Loved Nursery Policies