A beautiful worship center requires little decoration. The Dunham Chapel and Sanctuary do not lend themselves to
elaborate floral displays. In keeping with this conviction, the church has carefully developed this policy to guide the family and the florist in making plans for a wedding at First Presbyterian Church. We earnestly request the cooperation of the family and the florist in making their plans. Additional detailed regulations are provided below to aid you and your florist:
1. The church will provide the kneeling bench for prayer during your ceremony.
2. No tacks, tape, pins, nails or glue shall be used to fasten any decoration to the furniture of the building.
3. Pew ribbons with small fern and/or flower décor may be attached to the pew ends. To protect our furnishing, we request that only wrapped wire, ribbon or pew clips be used to attach your decorations.
4. If you wish to incorporate the Unity Candle into your ceremony, it must be supplied by your florist. A clear plastic sheet must be placed under the stand to protect the carpet.
5. The florist or designated individual is expected to remove all decorations and equipment promptly following the ceremony.
6. Flower arrangements may be left after the wedding for the following Sunday’s worship if you make your wishes known well in advance. Please advise the church at (225) 387-0617, if you would like to make this donation.
7. The florist will be held responsible for any damage incurred to the building, furniture or carpeting.
8. The church properties must be left in the condition in which they were found.
9. During the Advent and Christmas season, the Sanctuary and Chapel will be decorated with greenery and poinsettias. Under no circumstances will any of these decorations be moved to facilitate a wedding. If you plan to book your wedding during the Christmas season, please incorporate your floral designs with the existing décor.
10.The dropping of real flower petals down the isle prior to the bride’s entrance is not allowed.
11.We do not allow aisle cloths to be used either in the Chapel or Sanctuary.